At the crit I realised that I would most likely end up cutting the thurible out. So I decided to take a white sheet with me and use it as a background because I thought this would make it easier to cut out. Here is how I set it up.
I also realised after the first photo shoot that some times when the light is right, the thurible looks like its glowing. So I took some pictures of it glowing. I also realised I would most likely end up using a close up so I did that too.
At this point I realised the thurible would be easier to cut out if the whole of the background was white instead of just the bottom half. I grabbed some prayer cushions and put them under the sheet at one end.
At this point there was a power cut so I couldn’t take any more pictures of the thurible. Instead I went and took pictures of the candles.